Wednesday, January 25, 2012

6 Reflections from Sunday

I find myself thinking…what an amazing day we had on Sunday. It was the first time I ever gave a “vision” talk. I was really nervous and kept thinking to myself, “some of these things are really big. I am setting expectations for the church that I am pastoring, much higher than probably most people in the church expect them to be. Maybe I need to lower them a little so I won’t fail”. Over and over, I had this conversation with myself. Over and over, I kept coming back to the place of knowing that my trust, faith and obedience need to stay in the Lord. The rest will work itself out.  Here are a few short reflections I had from Sunday.
 
1. We had over 400 again in attendance. This is the first time since 2006, that as a church, we had over 400 in attendance three weeks in a row, without Easter being one of those weeks.
2. Numbers don’t mean everything, but they do mean something and as a leader it’s my job to figure out what they mean.
3. It was super scary to talk about the “future”.
4. I am so excited about the response from Sunday.
5. We have much to do, to see these things become reality.
6. I can’t wait to see what this week will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment